A Step Above Dance & Music Academy opened in 1988 as an option for dancers and their parents who prefer dance training based in positive reinforcement and concern for the self-esteem and self-image of the young dancer.
A Step Above Dance & Music Academy provides its students with self-confidence and feelings of accomplishment through excellent training in all areas of dance and music. Director Tamra Bisbee McKittrick teaches with a faculty of highly-trained and caring teachers who are looking forward to helping you and your child develop a lifelong respect and appreciation for the performing arts. We are sure your experience with us will be positive, enjoyable, and challenging.
Our state-of-the-art facility includes
- A dance program offering excellent dance technique and instruction in ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, lyrical, contemporary, hip hop, and musical theater.
- A professional learning environment.
- A family-friendly waiting area.
- Five separate dance classrooms, each with portable barres and full-wall mirrors. All rooms have sprung Marley-covered floors.
- Observation windows into each classroom as well as TV monitors in our waiting area.
- Large, separate dressing areas for boys and girls.
- Age-appropriate student-to-teacher ratio. Our smaller class sizes assure safety and allow personal attention to each student.
- Flexible scheduling with classes during days, evenings, and Saturday mornings.
- Numerous performance opportunities which are available to all students.
- A special events calendar that includes attendance at regional dance conventions, Winter Ball, master classes, and special workshops and camps.
- Daytime and evening office staff to provide assistance and to answer all of your questions.