DancerGarten is for the young dancers ages 2-4 who's love for learning can hardly keep them sitting still!
- Teaches the basic building blocks of dance while stimulating other areas of the brain by involving reading, art, music, and creative play.
- Teaches vocabulary for basic movements.
- Models the structure of a dance class setting.
- Encourages imagination.
- Builds lasting memories.
- Fosters a true love for dance!
- Written by professional dancers and successful certified educators, all trained in both the technique of dance and the pedagogy of young students.
- 45-minute classes offered in two age divisions, 2-3 years old (Baby Buds*) and 3-4 years old (Budding Bloomers**).
Each week will have a different theme that can be explored in multiple ways with dance, poetry, stories, songs, props, costumes or crafts. The final week will be a Family Presentation Day where teachers, dancers and parents alike can celebrate all of their growth and accomplishments.
Our DancerGarten program does not perform in our annual recital.
*Baby Buds must be 2 years old within two weeks of the start of session. Must be able to separate from parents. Potty training not required but recommended. All parents are encouraged to be available for the duration of class. Class size is limited to 6 dancers.
**Budding Bloomers will be placed by teacher based on birthday and/or previous class experience. Must be able to separate from parents. Potty training required. All parents are encouraged to be available for the duration of class. Class size is limited to 8 dancers.